Pages

LIFE IS A JOURNEY, ARE YOU READY?

60 DAYS OF ILLUSIONS : POEMS ON DISTANCE AND YEARNING


60 Days of Illusions: Poems on distance and yearning
by Suzene Ang
Kindle Edition
US$2.99
Buy it here for US
Buy it here for UK
Check your countries' Amazon for the ebook (Only available in some countries, use a VPN otherwise)

For 60 days I was consumed by images in my mind, such poetic images that directors in the likes of Michel Gondry and Jean Pierre Jeunet might translate into moving images. I remember the scene in Gondry's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where Jim Carey was running away with Kate Winslet from the blackout, the symbolism of his memories of her being erased. And the scene in Jeunet's Amelie, where Audrey Tautou turned into water when she saw her love interest walked through the doors of the cafe.

Such powerful images, such powerful emotions that words are so inadequate that only symbolisms seem fit enough to convey them. I am no movie director, nor do I remotely get my wish granted to translate such poetic thoughts into moving images in my job. But in 60 days with my imagined characters, I penned down a poem every other day to play all these scenarios in the simplest of words, and the intensity of their symbolisms.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...